Monday, February 7, 2011

On The Hunt or Not

(MySpace Blog 9/9/07)

Yesterday, I was talking to my married friends. My friend's brother-in-law drove up with a friend who apparently was trying to get my attention. Now, I felt uncomfortable because he was peacocking in front of my kids.

And my friends were like "enjoy being single" because their men are getting on their nerves so badly that it is exhausting them. Now they will not leave their men but they talk like if they have divorced they will date a man nothing like them.

It is ashamed that being single is being more desirable and relationships are being discouraged by my friends.

Now my friends with men, they are actually good women. They are not some tramps or cheat on their husband or boyfriends. They are "good" girls. They are not unreasonable in their demands like spend more time with the kids, do more family activities, have couple's time, and be more understanding to their needs to have a break. These women are tired of feeling like single mothers in a marriage (or live-in relationship).

I am going through the same struggles as them. The difference is, I don't have a man nagging in my ear or telling me where to go or not to go. I do not miss those days.

I am free to be with anyone I please and come into my life without guilt.

Nobody wants to be alone, but I will be alone if it means the relationship is exhausting me. If I have to spend my time occupied thinking of what "he" is doing. Or, why he hasn't called yet? Read the article before.

When I start a book, I read it until I finish. I won't start reading another one. I thought I had found a great book, but it became a short story. Then, I read the cover of another book, it end up becoming a flyer.

Regardless, which book I am reading, I always hoped at happily ever after regardless if it is a short story or a novel, but it just seems mine have not.

So I will still look at the cover, but I am going to shop around and not read it from front to back before I pick up another.

No comments:

Post a Comment